Flutter is one of the fastest growing app frameworks out right now. Google’s open-source UI SDK has appealed to a lot of developers old and new with its fast development, expressive UI, and native performance on both iOS and Android. Here’s a collection of the best and most useful Flutter resources we’ve found.
Flutter resources to get started
If you haven’t already, you’ll want to get Flutter set up so you can start making apps.
Google’s Codelabs is one of the best resources to start getting some hands-on experience with Flutter. The beginner tutorials cover topics like:
- Basic Flutter layout concepts
- Writing your first Flutter app
- Building beautiful UIs with Flutter
- Learning the Dart language
According to Hackernoon, in the early stages of Flutter, the team evaluated a lot of programming languages, but they settled on Dart because it matched the way they were building user interfaces. And it’s also one of the things people love most about Flutter.
The official Dart guides are the best out there to get the most out of Dart and are worth looking at to getting accustomed to using Flutter.
For a more visual approach to learning Flutter, there are a lot of video resources out there. Here are some of the best:
- How is Flutter different for app development might help if you’re still wondering why should you use Flutter and what makes it unique
- The Flutter in Focus series has bite-sized, five to 10 minute tutorials on everything Flutter
- For longer deep dives, check out The Boring Flutter Development Show
- It’s worth subscribing to Flutter’s official Youtube channel in general
The Complete Flutter Development Bootcamp Using Dart from The App Brewery was built in collaboration with the Flutter team. The course is designed to help you become a skilled Flutter developer with a promising portfolio of apps at the cost of $10.
Flutter resources to master
The Flutter team provides a lot of useful resources when it comes to leveling up your proficiency. Here are some interesting links from their docs:
Here are some solutions to common problems that you can easily reference and add to your arsenal.
The Flutter team also made a style guide that Flutter app developers can choose to follow. It’s not required, but it does offer useful principles that can guide developers to write cleaner, tighter, and consistent code.
Instabug for Flutter apps
Our Flutter SDK gives you the best in-app feedback reporting for both iOS and Android.
- Improve the quality of your Flutter apps with instant, detailed bug reports that users and testers can send from right inside your app.
- Fix issues faster with comprehensive logs and detailed diagnostics.
- In production, understand what really matters to your users with intuitive, contextual mobile surveys and in-app chat.